Thursday 14 July 2016

Karen zoid tells us about her drug abuse past through a letter

Popularly known singer,with best-selling album karen zoid,tells us about her past struggle to overcome drug addiction.

She posted a letter on facebook on wednesday.And it reads:

"Today,the 13th of july marks my first birthday as a non smoker.As many of you know,i was a drug addict in my teenage years.I lost my mom to cancer when i was nine,and just couldn't cope with the loss of my primary caregiver.None of my friends expected me to see my twenties,i wasn't planning on doing so either.By the time i was twenty,i had overdosed four times,and lost too many friends to death by overdose or suicide.

I have been free from drugs for almost seventeen years now,it just doesn't even feel like the person i am writing about is actually me anymore.The only time i really remember that i almost lost my life to drugs is when i bumped into people from my past.Like i said,most of them aren't around anymore,so when i bumped into people from my past,they are mostly friends and family of friends that passed away back then.Seeing them always gives me a jolt of strong emotions."

Not to take the story to long,the tail end of the letter almost drove me to tears.Here is what it says.

"Whatever your vice is,whatever your pain is,there is always a way out.Don't give up-ever.

        Rus in vrede al.Dink vanaand ann jou."

Motivational expression from her,and very teachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment